Denver County Animal Control Services

FOR A DOG OR CAT PROBLEM, CALL: 720-913-1311 (FREE) For animal care and control, press #4 from the menu. If you have a problem with a domestic animal, such as a cat or a dog, the county animal services can assist you, and this is a free service. If you have a complaint about a dangerous dog or cat, a nuisance barking dog, a stray cat, kittens, puppies, pet adoptions, negligent pet owners, Denver SPCA, or Denver Humane Society, give the county a call. The county will not handle problems with wild animals, such as squirrels, rats, skunks, raccoons, snakes, etc. The same goes for other Colorado areas such as Adams County Animal Control, Weld County, Jefferson County, Arapahoe County Animal Control, and Douglas County.

FOR A WILD ANIMAL PROBLEM, YOU CAN CALL Pest Wildlife Removal BUSINESS (NOT FREE - PRIVATE COMPANY) This is the number for our business, a professional, fully licensed and insured, wildlife and pest control company servicing the greater Denver, CO area and it is a pay service. This company is Pest Wildlife Removal at click here for our cell phone. We perform all facets of pest control, and specialize in the humane removal of unwanted wildlife from homes and commercial properties. If you have a problem with a wild critter, such as a raccoon in your garbage cans, a squirrel in the attic, a colony of bats in your building, a mouse or rat infestation, or a problem with pigeons, we can take care of the problem. Give us a call any time, and we are happy to discuss your wildlife problem, offer you a price estimate over the phone, and schedule an appointment, usually same day or next day. We answer 24/7.
Denver Wildlife Control Home Page - Learn about all of our services, and more about our animal control company. We service the greater Denver Colorado area, north to Fort Collins. We service the towns, cities, and suburbs of Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Centennial, Englewood, Ft. Collins, Greeley, Lafayette, Lakewood, Longmont, Loveland, Westminster, Windsor, and more. Call us any time for professional wildlife pest animal control in Denver.

Animal Services Advice:

What to do if you find a lost pet in Denver
Most people are aware of the method to follow when their pet is lost. Either they will go and have a check with the dog shelters, place ads in “lost & found” columns in classifieds or, stick posters to find their pet as soon as possible. However, most people are not familiar with what to do if they find a lost pet. If you happen to face such situations, then you first need to be prepared and ready to care for the pet. Never presume a stray cat or dog to be abandoned. There is more likelihood that the rumpled and disheveled animal is lost and also that a worried and frenzied family is on the look for it.

Things that you need to do instantly
If you find a lost pet wandering in the streets, you first need to get hold of it and help it feel safe since there are many chances of the animal getting hit by a car. However, you must never put yourself in risk. Search for tags. If the animal possesses one, with the contact number of the owner, dial it to for the joyful reunion incident to happen at once. A dog that has a license can swiftly be located by the animal control agency in your county. In other words, these fortunate animals possess a ticket back to home.

Inform the authorities
Notify the lost pet to the animal control agency in your county or humane shelter. If you opt to take the pet to the county shelter, there are high probabilities of him getting back to his owner or another new home. If you wish to keep the pet all by yourself, inquire to adopt the animal, if the owner couldn’t be traced. Certain shelters permit you to become a supporting adopter to enable you to save the pet if no one adopts it. Most of the shelters are filled to capacity and jam-packed and so if you desire and have the ability to look after the pet until the original owner is discovered, inform the shelter authorities that you want to do so. The majority of the agencies may agree to this.

Additional steps
If you don’t wish to leave the animal in a shelter, then there are certain things that you need to do. The law necessitates you to report to the local animal control agency so that the details about the animal are accessible for the owner. You also need to place “found” advertisements for a minimum period of 2 weeks in a newspaper in your locality. On seeing this, the owner of the pet can claim him back, any time within the subsequent six months. When you place an ad, you must leave a relevant piece of information with reference to the pet as this will be of more help to appropriately recognize the owner of the pet. When someone comes to you saying that they are the owner of the pet, then you can inquire them about the name and the contact number of the veterinarian of the pet. You can call the veterinarian and confirm things before giving out the animal to them. A lost animal is always panicky and startled and so you must do your best to bring it back to normal stage.